I am very happy to announce that I have recently been nominated for the Liebster Award. Many thanks go to orthodoxmom3 for the nomination. If you have not already visited her fantastic blog then I recommend you do so, her blog is orthodoxmom3.wordpress.com
In order to accept the award, I must do the following:
- Each nominee must link back to the person (blog) that nominated them
- Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have LESS than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for our nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
The questions that I have been set to answer by orthodoxmom3:
- What was your favorite book as a child or young adult and what made it your favorite? – I don’t really remember reading that many books when I was a child and none that really come to mind either. I do have fond memories of reading the Children’s Illustrated Bible and I often read that when I was growing up. I can still even remember the smell of the pages as I opened it.
- What do you consider your biggest accomplishment in life? – Still being here. There are times when I didn’t think that I would make it this far. I’m glad I have though.
- What is your idea of a perfect day or night? – Good food and good company – who could ask for more?
- What do you consider your biggest challenge in life? – Every day is a challenge, but in a good way. There is always something new to discover, some new skill to learn. When life stops being interesting then that will be the day that I know I want to go.
- What is your favorite food? – I’m a big fan of many different cuisines but perhaps one of my favorite dishes has to be a classic chicken tikka masala curry. I like foods that are both fruity and spicy and this dish fits the bill nicely.
- What is your biggest dream or goal you are working on or wish to reach? – I have aspirations of one day becoming a published writer and this is something that I am working on with great gusto this year. In January alone I have pushed myself further than I ever have before. My hope is that at the end of it that I will have achieved at least part of my goal and not just a peptic ulcer….
- Give five words that describe a best friend. Do you have one? Tell about him or her if you wish.
– I have a wonderful best friend who means the world to me. How to describe her in five words? Loyal, honest, honorable, sweet and funny. She’s great, one in a million and my best friend – and she knows who she is…..
- What’s the one place in the world you would want to visit? Why? – Pennsylvania, because my best friend lives there 🙂
- If you won several million dollars in the lottery, what’s one thing you would do with it? – Buy my mother the house she’s always wanted, put money away for my cousin’s little ones, buy the people who mean the most to me at least one item that they have always wanted.
- Tell one more thing about yourself that isn’t here and isn’t obvious by reading your blog. – I work with people who have disabilities – both learning and/or physical, I also specialize in diet, fitness and nutrition as well as working with people who have a number of complex and enduring mental health issues.
Here are my nominations for the award – these are all fantastic blogs that I recommend you check out if you have not done so already:
And finally, the ten questions that I would like my nominees to answer:
- Name someone – living or dead – that you aspire to be like and explain your reasons why.
- What is your earliest childhood memory?
- Are you still in contact with anyone you went to school with?
- If you had one day left to live, what would you do with it?
- Name three people – living or dead – that you would invite to a dinner party and explain why.
- What is the biggest lie you’ve ever told?
- Has anyone ever told you that you look like a celebrity – if so, who?
- Who or what was the first thing you thought of when you woke this morning?
- What is the worst film you’ve ever watched and what made it so bad?
- If you found $10 on the street, what would you do with it?